What I use
Somewhat often I get messages asking about tools, software and hardware I use. This is the page answering those messages.
Shell & Editor
Here is how my menubar looks like as of April 14th, 2019
There are plenty of apps but here are those that I have paid for or found the best in their category.
- Alfred as a digital butler
- Github for obvious reasons
- 1Password for managing passwords
- Airmail as an email client
- Notion for note taking and having a shared wall of text
- Things for getting things done
- Fantastical 2 as a default calendar
- Itsycal for mini calendar
- IINA as a media player
- Sketch for design projects and vector drawing
- Pixelmator for image manipulations
- Amphetamine for sleepless mode
- Transmission for torrents
- OpenEmu for nostalgia moments of Mario & Metal Slug
- Noizio for ambient sounds
- ColorSnapper 2 for color picking
- NightOwl for Mojave’s light/dark mode toggling
- Little Snitch for knowing what’s connected
- Bartender for concise menu bar
- Viscosity as a VPN client
- RescueTime for knowing my PC time better
- iStat Menus for monitoring
- Spectacle for window management
- Krisp for noise-cancelling
- ImageOptim for image optimizing
- JPEGmini for JPEGs optimizing
- Beamer for Apple TV streaming
- FanControl for fun times
Yes, Safari is the default browser of mine.
- 1Password for simple plug & play with accounts
- Instapaper for bookmarking and reading later
- Ghostery for safer browsing
- Wipr for cleaner browsing
Get updates via email or RSS.
Cancel anytime. No obligations.